Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Welcome, and Introductions.

Lizzie Herskovitz and Megan Sloat are the Lucina Doulas. Together we have over 8 years of experience as birth and postpartum doulas and a wealth of passion for empowering women and families. We are thrilled to offer our services to families in the New Haven area.


About Megan:
I trained as a doula in the winter of 2005 in Portland, Maine. It was while working with HIV+ women and their babies in Namibia, Africa the previous year that I first began to work with childbearing families. Since then I have worked as a doula with families in Portland, Boston and Baltimore. I have also done extensive work in community health and received a master's degree in public health in 2008. I am now in CT studying to be a midwife. I am so very excited to be a doula again this summer and to work with women as they grow their babies and their families.

About Lizzie:
I've been involved with birth since 2007, when I trained as a birth doula with Felica Roche in San Francisco, CA. After working with women in the criminal justice and mental health care systems, as well as serving on the volunteer doula service for San Francisco General Hospital, I came east to CT to begin my studies as a nurse midwife. I am also a student of Iyengar yoga, and have trained as a yoga teacher. I am passionate about helping women and families birth their way: present, embodied, and powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment